1. Fried duck tongue Chinese eat almost everything in the duck: its neck, tripes, skin and more appropriately, its meat; but one of their favorite parts of the animal is its tongue. Once it has been fried, it is crunchy outside and then slowly melts in the mouth. Oh, and it looks like a jumbo shrimp!
2. Shark fin soup A luxury dish in China, this soup is very expensive and is supposed to increase your life expectancy. For many, the price is more ecological as it partly contributes to sharks extinction.
3. Sea cucumber Weirdest cucumber ever. This one is alive, thorny and has tentacles. And yet, Chinese people love it. They even eat 40,000 tons a year! Who said blood sausage did not look appealing?
4. Chicken feet Eaten as a snack, the chicken feet is fried until it becomes golden. What else can beat bones and skin during your mid-afternoon break?
5. Animal penis Being a specialty at Guolizhuang restaurant in Beijing, you will able to try intimate parts of many animals: yak penis, beef penis, sheep penis and much more. Did we forget to mention that Guolizhuang actually means ‘Strength in the dish’. Subtle, isn’t it?